What it sounds like: Kaan-stuh-layt
What it means:
verb: form or cause to form into a cluster or group; gather together.
Constellate helps users across all disciplines learn essential text analysis and data skills.
Constellate, a part of ITHAKA's portfolio of non-profit services, is the only text analysis platform that integrates access to scholarly content and open educational resources into a cloud-based lab to help faculty more easily and effectively teach text analysis and data skills.
With Constellate, learners across all disciplines can apply text analysis methods to datasets, and hone their skills with support from on-demand tutorials, live classes taught by experts, and engagement with an inspiring user community.
Drawing from its peer services, Constellate connects researchers with the JSTOR corpus and content from 100+ publishers preserving with Portico, providing 421 years of primary and secondary sources across all fields of study, including 31M+ documents, 2M+ historic newspaper issues, and 27M+ scholarly journal articles — independent of your library’s holdings.
Whether you’re leading workshops directly through the library, guiding novice researchers, or assisting seasoned pros, Constellate’s pedagogical approach and intuitive software have you covered. Combining authoritative, open source tools and content from JSTOR and partners, Constellate helps you easily and effectively equip your faculty and students for text analysis.
Library and faculty can:
- Draw from ready-to-use curriculum and robust on-demand tutorials
- Prepare with live, expert-led classes, including a Teaching Text
Analysis with Constellate course (free to all members of participating
- Connect with an inspiring and supportive community of users
- Consult with Constellate experts on research questions and
- Create, save, and share your lessons
- Teach in the preconfigured, cloud-based Constellate Lab
- Supplement faculty-led learning with Constellate-taught classes and on-demand tutorials
- Build confidence through hands-on practice in a cloud-based lab
- Seamlessly navigate between content, dataset building, lessons, and research
- Easily build clean datasets with content from JSTOR, Portico, and partners
- Instantly visualize search results to help refine ideas and form research questions
The Constellate dataset builder and content are freely available to anyone in the world. Contact us to learn about the pedagogical packages available to take your institution's text analysis and computational literacy teaching to the next level.